Tips to make your experience more enjoyable:
1. Hot Air Balloons are VERY weather sensitive. (Cross your fingers and toes we don’t have any wind or rain!) Keep an eye on the Defiance Hot Air Balloon Facebook page for updates during the festival. Unfortunately, sometimes the Pilot’s can’t make the call until right before the scheduled time.
2. Bring a chair or blanket to our balloon viewing area. Over achiever? Bring a deck of cards because there might be some waiting time.
3. The event is handicap accessible on Airport Rd off of State Route 15. There is a drop off and handicap parking there. If you have a disability, please enter off Airport Rd and look for signage or alert a parking volunteer.
4. Main public parking is off of Evansport Rd. Bring your walking shoes. It’s at least a quarter mile walk to the festival.
5. Drugs and alcohol are not permitted.
6. There are also no coolers allowed (unless you have a food allergy).
7. No pets. Service animals are welcome.
8. Please only smoke on designated area on the airport property.
9. If you pay for admission in the morning, you can get a free parking pass for the evening.
10. There are no refunds on admission. Admission is a donation to United Way of Defiance County’s Community Engagement Center (CEC). Check out www.unitedwaydefiance.org for more information about the CEC.